Diet is one of the most important and much preferred sources of obtaining Calcium and Vitamin D3. Dairy products and fish with bones are one among the best sources of Calcium; a detailed list is provided in this article. Presenting to you three healthy recipes that are rich in Calcium and will help to build strong bones.
Mix Flour Paneer Parantha
Ragi flour: 1 cup
Wheat flour: 1 cup
Paneer: 1/2 cup
Chopped green chillies: 2 no's or as per taste
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Jeera powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves: 3 tsp
Water: enough to make a dough
Oil: 3 tsp for making the parantha
1. This is an easy-to-make parantha with the crumbled paneer mixed with the dough. You can alternatively prepare by making a paneer mix and stuffing it in the dough.
2. In a big bowl, mix both ragi and wheat flour, salt, crumbled paneer, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, jeera powder, and garam masala powder. Mix it well till the flour mixes with the paneer and spices well.
3. Add water teaspoon by teaspoon to make a soft dough. Divide it into equal balls and start spreading them like you would do for a chapatti.
4. Heat a pan and with minimal oil, cook the parantha on both sides till well done.
5. Serve hot with cucumber raita.
Nutrition information about this recipe2.
Ragi and paneer are Calcium rich foods
This recipe provides 580 calories; 26 g protein; 10 g fat and 622 mg of Calcium
Sardine fish fry
5 or 6 sardines or chunnee machli
For fish marinade
Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Turmeric or haldi powder: 1 tsp
For the masala:
Chopped onions: 2 small Chopped tomatos: 1 small Garlic: 2 cloves mashed Garam masala: 1 tsp Lemon juice: 1 tsp Chopped coriander leaves: 3 tsp Oil: 2 tsp for frying + 1 tsp for sauteing
1. Marinate the cleaned fish with chilli, salt, and haldi powder for half an hour.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tsp of oil and shallow fry the marinated fish until crisp and browned from both sides. Take it aside on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
3. In another pan, add the chopped onion, tomato, garlic, and garam masala. Sauté on high flame until the mix becomes dry.
4. Add the fried fish until the masala coats it. Garnish with lemon juice, coriander leaves and serve with rice
Nutrition information about this recipe 2 : Sardine or chunnee machchli is rich in Calcium and Vitamin D3. This recipe provides 260 calories; 17g of protein; 12.5g of fat, 229.2 mg of Calcium and 65 IU of Vitamin D3
Fruit, nut, and seed parfait
Mixed fruits such as papaya, banana, apple, pear: 1 cup
Toasted almonds: 3 tsp
Toasted walnuts: 3 tsp
Toasted pumpkin seeds: 3 tbsp
Hung curd or Greek yogurt: 1 cup
Honey: 2 tsp
1. Take hung curd or Greek yogurt in a bowl and mix it with honey. Keep it aside in a refrigerator.
2. Now assemble the cut fruits, nuts, seeds and the sweetened yogurt on the kitchen counter.
3. In a tall glass, first add a layer of cut fruits, then add 2 tsp of hung curd, and then add a layer of crunchy nuts and seeds. Again, add a layer of curd, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
4. Repeat it till the glass fills up as shown.
5. You can garnish with chocolate pieces or any flavoured syrups for extra sweetness. Serve chilled.
Nutrition information about this recipe 2: Curd is a good source of Calcium whereas nuts and seeds provide micronutrients required for strong bones. This recipe provides 890 calories; 32 g of Protein; 48 g of Fat and 919 milligrams of Calcium